| by Date
March 29, 2007
- Adobe's Social Network for Picking Colors
March 27, 2007
- Ask the CSS guy explains how to have call-out boxes on the right side of a form with hints about how to fill out the form, using Vox as an example.
March 12, 2007
Spam Lookup Keyword Blacklist
- A great list of regular expressions to use with Spam Lookup
March 8, 2007
- A free text editor for the Mac.
- Copywriting tips for bloggers
Link Checker from MSN
- Free link checker for individual web pages.
July 23, 2006
The Best of Eyetrack III
- Eye tracking study by The Poynter Institute
June 7, 2006
Everybody Loves Tags!
- Jay Allen's explanation of MT3.3's tag feature.
- to help construct htaccess code
March 25, 2006
- code for creating random banners
March 9, 2006
Behind the Scenes with Apache's .htaccess
- Links to everything you'd ever want to know about htaccess
Web Design From Scratch
- Useful general purpose advice and tutorials on website design
March 4, 2006
- from Jason Gaylor
March 1, 2006
- Stock photography that you can purchase at a reasonable price for use on your weblog
February 26, 2006
Skype Tags for MT
- Add voice mail, chat tags to your MT blog.
FavIcon from Pics
- tool for creating favicons
February 24, 2006
Adding a Tag Cloud to MT 3.2
- tutorial for CloudNine tag clouds in MT
CCode and TCode
- More anti-spam plugins for MT
- An anti-spam plugin
February 22, 2006
Blogging for Beginners
- Advice from ProBlogger
- Tutorial for making your own video blog, or vlog
Guide to Weblog Comments
- from Lifehacker
February 11, 2006
Ten CSS tricks you may not know
- from evolt.org
February 10, 2006
Google Advice on Moving to a New Host
- how to keep from getting booted from the Google index if you move hosts or change domains
February 1, 2006
- email notifications for blogs
January 14, 2006
Your Mailing List Provider
- Mailing list service - reasonable cost.
January 11, 2006
MT Plugin Walkthrough
- Arvind takes us through how to create a Movable Type plugin.
How to Build a Light Box
- Very useful for photography.
Taking Professional Looking Photos
- Photography tips, great for people who use photos on their blogs.
December 22, 2005
Sidebar Manager plugin
- Plugin to help manage items in your sidebar
December 16, 2005
Rocketboom Online Video Tool List
- List and explanation of the tools used to create the videoblog Rocketboom
December 11, 2005
- a service for posting a tag cloud to your blog.
December 9, 2005
- Search Tag Cloud Tool
December 8, 2005
- Plugin from Kevin Shay that lets you customize fields in Movable Type.
- Bryne Reese's Amazon web services plugin
December 7, 2005
NY Blogs - the Movie
- Peter Hirshberg interviews New Yorkers on blogging. 2004. Hilarious.
- Free analytics for optimizing ad spends through Google Adwords.
Simple Events Calendar
- MT trick from Asterick's Keith Robinson
Chitika eMiniMalls Plugin
- A plugin to integrate Chitika eMiniMalls with MT.
October 18, 2005
Better File Uploader Plugin
- Allows you to create default settings for file uploads.
September 7, 2005
- nifty tool for creating RSS feeds
September 6, 2005
Using PHP Code In Templates
- from the Movable Type Knowledge Base
August 29, 2005
Bare Bones MT3.2 Templates
- The latest MT3.2 templates with all the extra stuff stripped out.
Photo Gallery Templates
- Photo Gallery templates for MT
August 28, 2005
MT3.2 and Typepad Stylesheet Explanation
- This explanation for Typepad stylesheets can help you understand the default MT3.2 stylesheets
August 27, 2005
Movable Type Style Generator
- Style generator for MT3.2
August 26, 2005
Targeting Content with Adsense
- Section Targeting for AdSense allows you to ignore on-page content
August 24, 2005
August 17, 2005
CSS Rounded Box Generator
- helps create the CSS needed to make rounded boxes
July 28, 2005
- visitor statistics for Movable Type blogs
- research showing how people read a web page focusing on the left hand column and then moving right, across the page.
July 22, 2005
- from WebMasterWorld forum
- Website Plagiarism Search - Web Site Content Copyright Protection
July 21, 2005
- a useful tool to find who's linking to you and what they are saying. Similar a bit to Technorati.
July 15, 2005
How to Make a Tag Cloud
- tip and template from Al-Muhajabah
July 2, 2005
Web Standards Group
- for web designers and developers who are interested in web standards
June 23, 2005
Great Site Ranking in Google
- tips gleaned from Google's US Patent application
June 17, 2005
Flickr Public Photos Plugin
- MT plugin for Flickr
June 10, 2005
How to Add Google Adsense to RSS Feeds
- explanation by Dave Taylor
How We Made Our Podcasts
- - from the folks at The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
June 6, 2005
Who Links to Me
- an alternative to Technorati?
- sort categories in the way you want, not the default alphabetical sequence
June 4, 2005
Google Sitemaps Using MT
- - Niall Kennedy's tips on creating a Google Sitemap for your MT blog
June 1, 2005
Feeds.App 2.0 Plugin
- Feeds app from Tim Appnel
May 31, 2005
Everything You Need to Know About RSS
- RSS Specifications and RSS Feeds
Customizing the MT Interface
- Six Apart ProNet Article - Customizing Movable Type's Interface with Application Templates
May 29, 2005
Movable Type Cheat Sheet
- a one-page listing of MT tags, available in English
May 28, 2005
Installing Movable Type on Windows
- a tutorial from Six Apart
May 25, 2005
Humorous video - "Autoblogging"
- This is just too funny to not post.
May 22, 2005
How to Speed Up Publishing in MT
- a comprehensive article from 6A
May 20, 2005
Google Adsense Optimization Tips
- Best practices from Google on how to get the most out of Adsense
May 17, 2005
MT Protect plugin
- allows you to password protect individual entries, or restrict access to an entry to only specific individuals through their Typekey identity.
May 10, 2005
- A great collection
April 30, 2005
- a tutorial on how to condense your CSS code
Redalt's I Like Your Colors
- Enter a URL and see the color themes used
Color Scheme Generator 2
- another color scheme generator
- Online Color Scheme Generator
April 25, 2005
WP Connections theme for MT
- Carla ported a WordPress theme to Movable Type. Beautiful.
April 23, 2005
- Plugin for managing publishing permissions in multi-author situations. From David Raynes
April 22, 2005
Installing MT under Windows 2003
- a tutorial
April 20, 2005
Favicon from Pics
- How to create a favicon.ico for your website
April 19, 2005
- Web Color Combinations Tool and Library - useful color picker
April 13, 2005
Where to find great free photos online
- from Robin Good
April 10, 2005
Amazon Web Services Blog
- Amazon Web Services, products, tools and developer information
Add Amazon Wish List
- edazzle.net script for adding your Amazon Wish List to your blog
April 9, 2005
Smilies in Comments
- from ScriptyGoddess
April 8, 2005
- looks like a straightforward tutorial
April 6, 2005
- Free stats about your site, including broken links
March 1, 2005
CSS Float Tutorial
- by Max Design
February 28, 2005
- Blogroll plugin from Arvind at Movalog
Installing MT at Nexcess
- Install instructions for installing MT at the nexcess.net web host. Useful even if you aren't using nexcess.net.
February 18, 2005
LivingDot MT Style Templates
- Free new style templates from LivingDot
February 15, 2005
Overview of Weblog Tools Market - Update
- updated market share analysis
February 13, 2005
TinkerTool for MacOSX
- a Finder tool so you can see hidden files
February 2, 2005
PHP Thumbnail Generator
- For dynamically generating thumbnails of photos, that don't distort the image.
February 1, 2005
SimpleCode HTML Encoder
- From Simplebits.com
- Web Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Converting an MT blog from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
- from padawan.info
January 31, 2005
Interview with a Comment Spammer
- The Register's interview with a blog comment spammer.
January 22, 2005
- PHP-Nuke tool converts your html code so that you can display it in a blog entry.
January 15, 2005
Total Choice Hosting MT Install Instructions
- Useful instructions if you are installing Movable Type at Total Choice Hosting
January 10, 2005
- Gorgeous blog designs, for a fee
January 5, 2005
Mod_Security to fight comment spam
- Arvind explains this server-side solution to bot spam
January 4, 2005
Six Apart Guide To Combatting Comment Spam
- a definitive guide for effective spam fighting from Six Apart, the makers of Movable Type
December 19, 2004
Mod Rewrite to Block Bot Spam
- Mod Rewrite method to divert comment spam bots to a 403 error
December 14, 2004
Planet Movable Type
- The latest news from sites focused on Movable Type - aggregated RSS feeds.
November 25, 2004
9 Steps to a Quicker MT3
- Neil's World - 9 steps to a quicker MT3.1x installation
November 14, 2004
Google Page Rank Explained
- The PageRank Algorithm
November 12, 2004
Web Page Analyzer
- website performance analysis
November 11, 2004
- Method for creating expandable menus.
November 10, 2004
- Bring on the tables - a tutorial from 456 Berea Street
November 7, 2004
PHPList Email List Manager
- Free PHP and SQL based email list manager
1001 Free Fonts
- A terrific resource of free fonts.
November 5, 2004
Skinning the MT Interface
- Arvind's tutorial on how to skin the MT edit window
October 29, 2004
- Favicon examples
October 26, 2004
- Easy color scheme tool
- Another color tool - shows interesting mixes of color
Slideshow template for MT using S5
- A template for MT that uses Eric Meyer's S5 CSS slide show system
October 25, 2004
Amazon Alternate Ads for Google Adsense
- rsContext creates alternate Google ads using Amazon Web Services and php script
October 20, 2004
DodosMail Contact Form
- From Dodo's Scripts Collection
October 18, 2004
TheSiteWizard Contact Form Script
- Free php or CGI scripts for creating feedback and contact forms.
Brad Choate: Doing your whole site with MT
- how to set up your whole site in Movable Type, not just your MT blogs
October 14, 2004
DevGuru CSS2: Index
- Reference index of CSS element types
Simplified Movable Type Installation Instructions
- Not exactly simple, but still helpful
Installing Movable Type at DreamHost
- Install Guide for those using the web host Dream Host
WestCIV Complete CSS Guide
- learn web standards :: css guide - contents
Mulder's Stylesheets Tutorial
- from WebMonkey
September 23, 2004
- Collection of CSS code for displaying lists such as you might find in navigation elements
September 21, 2004
Userplane Video Blog Tool
- record audio and video messages for your blog
- Administrative tool for MySQL database for Windows and Linux
September 20, 2004
XHTML Validator to RSS
- Check through RSS if your pages stay XHTML valid.
- a MySQL graphical user interface for Mac OS X
September 18, 2004
- Helpful plugin for combining several weblogs into one display.
September 17, 2004
WC3 CSS Validation Service
- Checks your CSS code.
W3C Validation Service
- Checks your HTML and XHTML code
September 14, 2004
Six Apart Pro Network Blog
- from Anil Dash, focused on MT Professionals
Color Palette Creator
- from SlayerOffice, another useful color value generator
September 10, 2004
Expandable List Menu Script
- To make expandable and collapsable list menus.
August 12, 2004
Password Protect Your Blog
- Adam Kalsey's php script for limiting the viewing of an MT blog to MT blog authors.
July 12, 2004
- Arvind Satyanarayan's site for advanced tips and plugins for MT.
March 12, 2004
Six Apart News and Events Blog
- Six Apart's official blog.
The Girlie Matters
- MT forum moderator Shelley's collection of MT tips and tricks. Shelley has a knack for figuring out the hard stuff.
Random Image Rotation
- Pulls a random image from a file whenever the page is refreshed.
How to Build a Favicon with Photoshop
- Favicons are those little tiny icons that show up next to the URL in Windows IE bookmarks and in Safari. More tips can be found at www.favicon.com
- Use to see what your site looks like in another browser or OS than the one you used to create your style.
Drop Down Menus
- Using CSS
Extended Entry Script
- Script for having the extended part of your MT entry appear "inline" or on the same page when you click on the extended entry link, rather than launch a new page as is the default.
- Not a plugin per se, but a cgi file that will help you diagnose MT installation problems.
- From Brad Choate. Lets you search and replace elements in MT templates. Very useful albeit a bit complicated.
- A wide variety of comparison options between fields and tags. Use to create conditionals. Very easy to use and powerful.
- Plugin for emailing entire entry, not just link, includes popup email form.
Real World Style
- CSS layouts, tips, tricks, and techniques.
CSS Color Values
- A great table of colors for web design.
Adactio: CSS Based Design
- A great exploration of CSS.
W3 Schools CSS Tutorial
- A step by step tutorial for learning Cascading Stylesheets (CSS). Very helpful to know to customize your MT stylesheet.
- A CSS support forum.
Holy CSS Zeldman!
- A master list of links to CSS resources.
RSS Tutorial for Content Publishers and Webmasters
- A good overview of RSS.
- Free newfeed reader for Windows. Supports RSS and Atom formats. GPL licensed.
- RSS newsfeed reader for Mac OSX.